Friday, September 4, 2009

Don't cry over spilled oats......

This has not been my week for morning kitchen activities.

I think I need to start cooking my oats ahead of time. This morning I was in a rush and did the microwave..... I added too much water when I guesstimated rather than using a measuring cup. When I took my bowl out of the microwave it spilled all over. :(

Guess I'm klutzy in the morning.

Made me realize though I really need to clean my floors.


I was able to salvage most of it though... just a bit liquidy.

BREAKFAST
-1/4 cup oats
-1/5 cup Hodgson Mills Multi Grain Cereal
-1/2 cup Kashi H2H
-Mix-ins: blueberries, cranberries, walnuts, ground flax, T of AB


Kettlebell this morning was kind blech. Which was sad as it was the last class I will go to at that location. They are moving a couple blocks away to a much bigger space, very exciting! But it was kind of sad to have the last class at the original studio be kinda blah.....
Warm-up
200M run
5 push ups
7 situps
9 air squats
repeat as many times as you could in 7 minutes
(think I did it 5 times, didn't remember to count, oops)
Workout
4 minutes of work, 1 minute of rest, 5 times
2 cleans each side
4 split squats each side
6 thrusters each side
(I did 3-4 cycles in 4 minutes)
I think doing only 3 exercises is what made it not a fun on. That plus more squats. My legs are still feeling the 200 squats from Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to my rest day tomorrow, hopefully my legs will feel better by Sunday for my long run. I will definitely be hitting the beach on Sunday for my run, I need a change of scenery!
Now to work. I'm sipping on some yummy Jasmine Green Tea, I had a stash of loose leaf in my desk that I had forgotten about. Tea doesn't go bad, does it?
On tap for today.....
-might see if my mom can do lunch, if not I may venture to the natural food store and see what they have for lunch specials
-3M run after work, yes I WILL get my run in
-dinner with friends. :) yay! most likely good wine will be enjoyed. thinking we may bike over to their house.
Happy Friday!! Hope you have a fabulous day!!
Britt

1 comment:

  1. I've had oatmeal blow up on me too - its a bitch to clean up in the microwave!

    Your Friday plans sound great! And tea has a shelf life of like 50 years I think! :D

    ReplyDelete