Thursday, September 3, 2009

A FULL team!

My Reach the Beach team is finally complete!

Thank you Artie!! (and thank you E for donating your hubby!)

Now to see where we are at with leg assignments, unfortunately I think I need to be a good captain and take leg 1.

Its kind of a crappy one....
-most total distance
-your longest run is your last run and has the most vertical gain
-if someone drops out due to injury, you are the that needs to fill in after the other van bumps everyone up a space

But at least I should be done first. :)

This morning I slept in.... ahh so nice.... till 6:30. Walked Reggie, made my breakfast and packed my lunch.

BREAKFAST
-1/4 cup oats
-little less than 1/4 cup Hodgson Mills Multi Grain Cereal
-3/4 cup water
-1/4 milk
- 1 T almond butter
-toppings: walnuts, flax, dried cranberries and blueberries


LUNCH
And my lovely lunch will be this gorgeous salad
-spinach, green beans, red pepper, broccoli, broccosprouts, carrots, feta, dried cranberries and walnuts

Also some of that yummy CSA cantaloupe w/ plain greek yogurt.

Looking forward to my lunch time run!
Its another gorgeous day here, I cannot wait for the weekend!! I should have great weather for my long run this weekend, all 18 miles of it. I think I may head to the beach and run along the ocean, it definitely helps the miles pass by.
I'm semi tempted to go back to yoga again today. Yes I become easily addicted.
I'm also curious to try out my old high school art teachers class though, I noticed she teaches a Hatha class on Thursdays. It might be a bit of a time crunch though.... so we will see. She was a great teacher though, I took photography with her as I'm not very artistically inclined as far as drawing/painting. If I cannot make it I may just dowload something from online.
Do you do yoga? How often do you do it? What benefits have you found from it?

Have a fabulous day!

Britt

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    Artie is excited to run with y'all! I knew right away that this event would be right up his alley. ;)

    I used to do quite a bit of yoga - but have fallen out of practice a bit... I'd love to start going regularly again. I'd reccomend a class vs. downloads for those people who aren't super experienced though... it's very easy to think you're doing the right movements but really not be!

    Next time you girls go, let me know!

    ReplyDelete