Saturday, September 5, 2009

Lemon drop kick off....

Happy Labor Day Weekend!  :)

Hope your weekend is off to a great start, I know mine was yesterday after work. 

I met some friends out for cocktails, this lovely was how I started my weekend......

Its a lemon drop martini, made with fresh lemon juice.  So good.  Very summery and delicious. We hung out long enough for me to enjoy two, had to wait for the hubby to get done with work. 

Once we all had time for a drink or two we were off to the grocery store.  Luckily our friend Glenn is a great cook so he put us to work searching out items to create a yummy dinner. 

DINNER
-salad: field greens, tomato & cucumber
-soup: creamy mushroom soup, it was SO GOOD, lots of cream though, fortunately it was a small serving
-main course: chicken marsala w/ pasta
-side: kale & kidney beans w/ garlic (this was surprisingly good)
-dessert: brownie bites







We also managed to polish off a few bottles of wine over the course of the evening.  I made sure to drink plenty of water and take my time.  :)

It was SO SO SO nice to sleep in this morning!  

I really do appreciate my rest days.  Although I guess to some my rest days aren't all that restful.  

First up was a walk with Reggie and then the hubby and I met his family for breakfast.  

BREAKFAST
-blueberry, banana, walnut pancakes
-1 scrambled egg
-coffee & water

After breakfast I tended to some of the plant barrels downtown, they have been a bit neglected for awhile.  Oh how I love gardening on a median of a busy intersection, bent over, so my bum is sticking out at the world.  LOL

After about an hour I was done.  Then I walked to the library to find it CLOSED for the entire weekend.... ack!  What the heck... so not right!!  The holiday is Monday, not the entire weekend. So sad.  :(   I just returned my books in the drop box and walked back home empty handed.  

Reggie was happy to see me back, but little did he know today was bath day!  He hates baths but at least now I have a squeaky clean pooch.  

Next up a bike ride to the natural food store.... been meaning to go there for quite some time.  Seems the "natural" thing to do is to bike there.  But first I need to rotate the laundry.....

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment