Friday, August 14, 2009

Why I don't weigh myself very often......

So this morning I decided to hop on the scale for the heck of it..... my abs are rock hard and flatter than they have been in awhile, my clothes are fitting well, I'm feeling strong and was curouis where I was at.....

I'm up 4 pounds from a few weeks ago? What? It really should have been down if anything.

I just shook my head, cursed at it and then was on my merry way to kettlebell.

I might weigh myself next Friday morning just to see if it was a fluke or what..... till then I'm focused on trying to keep a healthy balance with my eating & training.

This mornings Kettlebell class was a good one, Tabata!
Do 8 sets of 20 seconds at each station, 10 second rest between sets.
  • Ring Rows
  • Push Ups (OMG spaghetti arms!)
  • Ball Slams (alternated btw a 12lb and 20 lb ball)
  • Box Jumps
  • Swings (54lb bell!)

Good workout!

I headed home to shower up and get ready for work.
Breakfast was a bit of debate, but then I decided on.....

- pineapple cottage cheese, berries, Kashi H2H, ground flax and a little almond butter

YUM!


In just a couple of hours I'll be saying good-bye to my car of the last 3 years. It was a fun car to drive.... when it wasn't at the garage getting fixed all the time. :( I'm ready for something a bit more reliable though, so bye bye BMW and hello Honda.


Today is going to be a hectic one.... between work and the rest of my life.

To Do (outside of work)

  • Follow up with potential sponsors for a 5K I'm helping plan/organize
  • Pick up stuff I forgot at the grocery store & swing by the wine shop
  • Clean the house up a bit
  • Prep food for tonight
  • Try to squeeze my run in
  • Possibly join the hubby for a wake (friend's dad passed away)
  • Head down to the concert in the park
  • Leave the concert a bit early to become the happy hostess!

Happy Friday, hope your's is off to a great start!!!

Britt

4 comments:

  1. Could the 4 pounds be muscle? I say if you're feeling great and being healthy and your clothes are fitting, don't worry about the number on the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a short time to gain that much muscle... who knows. I would like to get my body fat tested again sometime, its been awhile.

    But I agree, I'm not letting it get to me... my clothes are a much better indication of how I'm doing, as well as my muscle tone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britt, you look HAWT! I don't care what any scale says... you're beautiful and (in the words of Tyra ;)) fierce!! Glad you aren't letting the number keep you down.

    You have a busy to do list today... I'm laying low even though I have plenty to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the scale! I've been feeling really good lately, and my clothes are fitting well, but I'm up a few pounds too!
    It's hard to not obsess over numbers sometimes...

    ReplyDelete