Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Never turn your alarm off.....

And then roll back over to snuggle with your hubby and fall back asleep.... it makes you LATE!!!

Ack, that was stupid.  Rolled over just in time to see that I had about 5 minutes to get to Kettlebell!  Fortunately we live close.  I took Reggie out for a quick pee and then bolted for class, got there just in time to warm up..... pretty impressed with myself. 

Today's class wasn't too bad, I was still a drippy mess at the end but I did add some reps. 

20 Minutes, every 2 minutes repeat the following
5 burpees  (did 8-10 burpees the last 5 times through)
5/5 snatches  (6-10 snatches each side)
15 knees to chest crunches (did 20 most sets)

My poor hands are killing from the snatches.  The bell I had had kind of a rough handle on it, fortunately no really bad blisters.... just sore hands. 

I'm running a bit late.... so you will be SHOCKED at my breakfast.  ;)
-H2H, greek yogurt, berries, flax, AB and a little of that caribbean granola I found
Gotta scoot.  Will post later today about how I fuel DURING my runs!

Happy Hump Day!

Britt

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I just saw your comment on Caitlin's (HTP) and I wanted to comment on your accomplishments with your mom! I think that is amazing. I only wish that I will be able to run with my kids someday (ehem I'm 30 and childless so ... we'll see how that works out) Anyway your comment was very inspiring. Good luck with your marathon training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post! I am still in awe at times of how amazing my mom, especially as she nears the age of 65... I really hope I can do half as much as she does when I'm her age!

    I hope to eventually do a blog or two (or three) about her. Also need to get some pictures up too!

    Thanks again for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your secret?? Do you guys bribe Colin or something?? He made us start with 6 burpees, 6/6 snatches, and 18 knees-to-chest. Burpees and snatches? No problem. Crunches? Now that's an entirely different story....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is when he realized the 5 was too "easy" but as I said I upped it a bit. most times I did 20 knees to chest..... wimp. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we already knew he was whimpy... you'll never see him exercising at 6am! ;) Me neither - but we aren't talking about that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did 20 knees to chest too! The first time around....

    ReplyDelete