Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What time is it..... ack crap

That was me this morning. Blah!

I set my alarm but forgot to turn it on. I woke up just in time to see that I was missing the start of the 6am kettlebell class. Gggrrrr......

Now I have to do some serious cramming of activities in after work.

4:30 Kettlebell (sneak out of work early)
6:15 Yoga

At least its a relaxing yoga class, it will be interesting to pair the two back to back..... especially as I got a sneak peak at today's Kettlebell class and it looks like a doozie.

Reggie and I got our walk in and then it was time for some breakfast.
BREAKFAST
-1/2 c oats
-3/4 c water
-toppings: sprinkle of maple flax granola, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, ground flax
-drowned it a bit in about a 1/4 c of milk


I remembered my fun new water bottle today.....bring on the water! Its cute, its green and it has a flippy up straw.

In just an hour or so registration opens for the mother of all races.....

THE BOSTON MARATHON!!!

Not sure if I'll sign up today, need to see what the entry fee is first. But I'll definitely be signing up as my mom will be running it as well. I am so happy I was able to qualify at Boston this year, it takes so much pressure off my fall marathon..... and thus why I have the tendancy to slack a bit in the fall.

If you haven't noticed I have posted my marathon history over on the right..... I find it amusing to look back and see how I have progressed. As well as see the difference between spring and fall races.

How far ahead do you plan races? (if you run) Marathons I definitely plan ahead a bit more for, other races not so much.

My current racing calendar looks like this

Sept. 12, 5 M race

Sept. 18-19, Reach the Beach Relay, total mileage for me 21.3M

Nov. 1, NYC Marathon

Nov. 8, might do an all womens 1/2 Marathon

Nov. 26th might do a Turkey Day 5K

Then its pretty much on to 2010, last year I started off with a 10K on New Years Day in the snow..... See if I am crazy enough to do that again!

Have a great day!

Britt

2 comments:

  1. I plan marathons far in advance, but since I don't know where I'll be over the next few months, it's kind of hard. For shorter races I usually sign up within a month of the race.
    Your marathon progression is really inspiring! I have to cut 6 minutes off my PR to BQ and I really hope I can do it...I'm just not sure when my next marathon will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom called me and was registering for Boston..... so I figured I might as well too!

    Boston 2010 here we come!!! :)

    ReplyDelete