Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Vegetable Fairy......

She visited my house while I was out for my run this morning.

See.....

As I was running down my street this morning, I saw our friend Aviva walking to my house with a bag o' veggies for me from our shared Crop Share. What great service! ;) I see a hugh jass salad in my future for lunch!

I almost missed her though as I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning. Its getting too dark at 5:30 in the morning. :( When I see no sun I just want to stay in bed. Any one have any suggestions on how to get my butt out of bed when the alarm goes off when its still dark out..... this is going to be an issue come fall and winter.

Once I was out for my run, it was great! It was a nice cool morning, still a bit humid but I'll take it! So nice to have some refreshing weather in the morning.

When I got home I watered the plants on the deck and then fixed up my overnight oats.

BREAKFAST

-this is how my oats looked last night
-1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain greek Oikos Greek Yogurt


-this is how it looked this morning.

-then after I added the fixin's
- blueberries
strawberries
almond butter
1 scoop of protein powder
sprinkle of ground flax
YUM! Good breakfast, I liked the cold oats after my run.
It was perfect with a huge glass of water.
Today is another busy one.... work, heading home at lunch to walk Reggie and after work I have my volunteer group of weeders for Weed & Wine. I promised the crew that we would actually go out for a glass of wine tonight after weeding downtown, we haven't really gotten a chance to do that lately.
Have a great day!!
Britt




1 comment:

  1. yayyyy for the veggie surprise! I really want to join our local CSA. I am trying to convince my husband ;) Yummy bfast oats too.

    I bet the concer this weekend is going to be amazing! Make sure to report back!

    ReplyDelete