Monday, August 24, 2009

Just another manic Monday......

Monday morning comes way too fast! My alarm at 5:25 this morning was not kind, I could have slept for at least an hour more. The fact that the sun is not coming up till almost 6 isn't helping either.... so sad, fall is coming. Boo hoo.

I took Reggie for a walk and then headed out the door to Kettlebell. The owner forgot to turn the a/c on last night... so it was crazy hot in the gym, blech.

Today's session, as many rounds as you could do in 4 minutes, 1 minute rest, all done 5 times.
12 Air Squats
9 American Swings ( I mainly used the red bell, think that is 36 lbs)
6 push ups

I was able to consistently do 4 rounds in 4 minutes, few times started a 5th round but didn't have time to finish. My thighs will DEFINITELY be sore tomorrow after all those squats!

Here is a picture with me in it at Kettlebell... I'm in the blue, think we were doing presses

Once home I got stuck having to wait for the shower, so I whipped up a quick Green Monster. Yes I'm addicted. I was a sweaty drippy mess and something cool and refreshing was in order. This morning's monster included.....

-couple handfuls spinach
-1 cup milk
-1/2 banana
-ice
-handful blueberries
-ground flax
-1T almond butter
-1 scoop soy protien powder
-couple pieces of mango



I think the mango gave it a bit of an orange glow around the edge.
The green monster hit the spot, but I know at work I'll need a snack.... I packed a cut up nectarine & a sandwich thin. I'll probably toast the sandwich thin and throw some PB on it. :)
Today is going to be crazy busy, aside from just normal work.

Lunch time
-pick up food for Reggie (keep forgetting, bad dog mom)
-walk Reggie (my dog walkers, aka in-laws, are going down to the Cape)
-actually EAT lunch

After work
-walk Reggie
-meet the course certification guy for the 5K, finally get the course certified!
-school board meeting (MUST remember to bring a snack!)

Hopefully I'll be home before 10pm. Blah. What a way to start the week!

What do you do to keep yourself sane on busy days? Aside from just cursing all the stuff you have to do. ;)

Happy Monday!!!


Britt



No comments:

Post a Comment