Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sad news.....

While we were getting ready to make dinner tonight we got some sad news.... one of our good friends had her mother pass away. We knew it would be any day, but still it is hard to hear. She has been battling cancer for some time now, it had appeared she was recovering but unfortunately she did not. Its also a bit of an eye opener as I haven't really had many friends who have had a parent pass away.... especially a parent that is younger than my own. Hugs to my friend Aviva tonight.

As for dinner it was a bit poorly planned as the chicken, zuchinni and carrots were all done but the potatoes were not. So I only have a picture of the chicken & veggies. We just grilled everything. Chicken had Herbs de Provence on it, veggies had olive oil, pepper salt and a little garlic. The red potatoes that eventually got done just had some herbs on them too. Good dinner.


Not sure what our plans will be for the week, we hopefully will be able to make the funeral and then I'm not sure what that will do to my plans to possibly go to the beach to see my mom. But in some respects I would like to do both, especially spend some time with my mom.

Let your mom know who love her, you just don't know how much time you really have with her.

Britt

1 comment: