Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another 20 miler.....

Can you guess what this post is about?  ;-)

Yeah no creative title for this one. 

So yesterday morning I had another  20 mile run scheduled.  Kinda made me wonder why I picked the training plan I have, two weekends in a row of 20 mile long runs?!  Eeks!   

Actually, I used the Smart Coach program on the Runner's World website to design my training plan.  I like how you can tailor to how many miles per week you want to do and how hard you want to train.  Its worked well for me in the past, so I've stuck with it.  

I pulled together my supplies for the run. 

Pre run - Clif Bar, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut
During run- Just Plain flavored Gu's

My mom and step-dad gave me my very own box o' Gu. 


I of course had to do the coastal route! 
It was too beautiful not to be sea side.  
Plus for some reason doing an out and back along the ocean just doesn't seem as long as venturing on several twisting turning roads.  



Made some friends along the way..... 
These guys were just hanging out by the side of the road. 

Another scenic Gu & water stop. 
I feel bad for people that only have corn or highways to look at on their long runs. 

So I planned out my pre-run food and during run food ok.... but once done I realized I FORGOT to pack my post-run food!!  Ack! 

I stopped by a convenience store and grabbed a Vitamin Water, then headed to the grocery store as I needed to go there anyways. 

I picked up an Amy's Spinach & Feta Pocket.  It was kinda blah....  but I ate it, needed FOOD!


So now its time to start bringing down the mileage a bit.  I believe next weekend's long run is only about 13 or so miles and the following weekend is down to 8!  

This month's Runner's World arrived yesterday, it has all kinds of info on the NYC marathon!!!  Lots of interesting people running it, tips, etc. Kind of like their April issue which is loaded with Boston Marathon related articles.  It definitely has me very excited for the race now.  :-)

Oh and I also need to report on my plantar's fasciitis.  The night boot/brace thing seems to help!  When I get up in the morning, my foot doesn't hurt!  During my 20 miles I could feel a little something, but it wasn't painful.  I am going to stay tuned in to how my foot is feeling and scale back if needed, I want to make sure its ok for the marathon.  I do think speed work bothers it a bit, so I may dial that back a bit.  

How was your weekend workout(s)?  

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment