Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sore....

Yep, today I'm just plain sore.

Usually when I'm sore I figure its a good to work through it. But not today. I definitely felt like my body was rebelling and needs rest. So I'm listening and obeying. I stretched as often as I could at my desk. Although I could use a good massage....... I think.

I slept in to 6:30 this morning.... so nice.

Packed up my breakfast for work. Even though it was cold and I was craving oats, I went for cereal & yogurt, as I had some I needed to use.

BREAKFAST
-1/2 c Kashi Vanilla Island
-1/3 c Kashi Heart to Heart
-plain Oikos
-1T almond Butter
-1T ground flax



Lunch time I headed home to walk Reggie. I was in a cheese mood today.

While my sandwich cooked, I started on some apple with brie. mmmmm......



LUNCH
Grilled hummus & cheese
-sandwich thin, brie, mozzarella and hummus

YUM......


Afternoon snack, carrots & almond butter.


After work, I thought about doing speed work, but I wasn't sure how my foot would hold up and I was still pretty sore. I did want to get one thing off my "to do" list, so I headed to the hubby's workplace and finally finished up the thank you letters to sponsors of the road race.

Found out the hubby had not eaten ALL DAY. Seriously, how does someone do that? He had a board meeting this morning and he managed to just drink coffee through it.... then just never got around to lunch. I don't get it.

He requested dinner out. So out we went.

I had pizza. Don't worry, this was smaller than it appears (and much less blurry), plus I ate only half. It was delicious though.... white pizza with prosciutto & caramelized onion. Heaven.

Tomorrow I'll get a short run in. Also I think I'll move my long run up to Saturday as Sunday is suppose to be a wash out.

Do you ever forget to eat? Have you ever gone most of the day without eating?

I rarely ever have this issue. I think on the day of the race I coordinated I didn't eat much, but finally remembered after it was over.... which lucky for me was before noon time. ;-)

Have a great night!

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment