Monday, August 17, 2009

Jar O' Oats....

Ahh.... finally a good night's sleep!

I actually managed to go to bed before 11pm last night... actually I think it was closer to 10pm!

I woke up just before my alarm went off at 5:25 this morning. Just enough time for me to get dressed, fix myself up a bit, walk the dog and then fly out the door to Kettlebell.

This morning's kettlebell session was hot & sticky, the owner forgot to turn the a/c on last night. We were all dripping in no time, ick. It was a great work out though, even the "warm up" was a bit of a challenge!

Warm Up
Run 400m
5 air squats
8 pushups
10 situps
10 spiderman stretches each side
all done 4 times

Workout- How many rounds you could do in 20 minutes
Turkish Get Ups- 2x's per side
Lunges- 4x's per leg
American Swings x 12
Thrusters 8x's per side

6am is way to early for me to be keeping track of my rounds... so I just kept going and didn't count. :)

After some stretching I headed home, showered up and got ready for work. I decided to finally try a jar-o-oats. I had the perfect almost empty jar of almond butter.
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • whatever almond butter was in there, 2 tablespoons?
  • couple handfuls of blueberries
  • (ack! forgot my ground flax)
So YUMMY!
This is what I have planned for my mid-morning snack. My first PURE bar ever!
I'll report back.


Hope you have a great Monday!!

Britt

1 comment:

  1. Jealous of your oats! :) Can't wait to hear about the Pure Bar...

    ReplyDelete