Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Organization & Time Management.....

Hopefully after today I'll be improved in both areas!

I'm heading to an offsite training today, so it will be nice to get out of the office too. I actually asked my boss to go, I think I could improve in both areas..... plus it never hurts to learn some new ideas.

After walking the pooch I'm fueling up for the day.

BREAKFAST
-1/3c oats, little less than 1/4c multigrain hot cereal, 1/2c almond milk, 1/2c water
-1T almond butter
-1T ground flax
-few walnuts
-couple Kashi Vanilla Island shredded wheat things crumpled up
-side of OJ



Some snacks for the day.....
Honey Crisp Apple, Banana & Granola Bar


So last night I had a dream about those 1/2 marathon runners who passed away in Detroit over the weekend. Obviously it must be on my mind a bit. But I know it was a freak situation and its really not the norm. Runner's World also has a great question and answer section on the topic as well.

I really haven't gotten into researching the details about each runner. But I know for me.... I have trained properly for NYC, I have done multiple marathons, I see my doctor regularly, etc. I do what I can to make sure I am in the best shape I can be in. Plus I love running, I love marathons, I love the community of runners. But as that community of runners grows there will also be more occurrences like the ones this past weekend.... it is just inevitable. My heart breaks for those runners' families and friends though....... we lost a runner friend a little over a year ago. He was in his 50's and appeared perfectly healthy, but he had a massive heart attack mid way through a half marathon. Looking back now some friends believe there might have been warning signs, but our friend brushed them off.....

Definitely listen to your body and encourage those you love to do the same.

I'll report back later on my progress of learning to be better organized and manage my time better! Which actually.... eeks I gotta scoot!!

Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment