Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Intersection sprints......

That was my workout tonight.

But first my day in food.  :-)

BREAKFAST
jar oats!!
-oats, 3/4 c water, 1/4 c milk
-mix-ins: walnuts, dried cranberries, ground flax and of course ALMOND BUTTER!

I meant to do my run this morning, but I hit that evil snooze button.  I really should remove that from my alarm.......

So it was off to work. 

Before lunch I had a slice of ww bread w/ PB.  (it didn't like the camera)

Lunch time I had to hit the Home Depot. 
My list of needed items included....
-huge bag of potting soil 
(that was fun to try and get in my work clothes, luckily some dude helped me)
-Osmocote (aka plant food)
-Soil Moist (magic water absorbing stuff that keeps the soil moist)
-new shower curtain


LUNCH
Had to find something in the cafe at work since I did my Home Depot trip and ran out of time to pack a lunch this morning. 
(also I cheated, forgot to take a picture.... this is a re-use of an old picture)
-ww wrap w/ chicken salad and loaded with veggies, side of carrots
-few unpictured sweet potato chips


After work I went to revisit these beauties form a couple weeks ago at the greenhouse. 
It took 2 trips but we used about 2/3's of these plants tonight. 
I had a crew of about 7 volunteers help me plant 17 of the 21 barrels downtown. 
I was running around like a crazy woman and didn't snap any pictures.... but they look kinda like THIS.......
I still have 4 more barrels to plant plus a fountain that we now use as a planter.  I think I should be able to get it all finished tomorrow after work. 

So this is where my intersection sprints came in.  The barrels are on traffic islands in the center of downtown.  We did this all basically during rush hour.  But that is the only time I have to get it done..... so rush hour it is. 

We made good use of the cross walk button. 

I tried to see how many times I could sprint back and forth with plants before the light turned green again.  So they were slightly weighted sprints.

Needless to say after doing all that I was a bit exhausted and hungry..... so no run tonight.  But I did get some sprints in.... right?

Once home I showered my dirty wet stinky self. 

And while my gourmet dinner was cooking snacked on some of this.....
One gourmet dinner coming up!

DINNER
Yep, frozen pizza. 
The dinner of health gurus everywhere.  ;-)
I need to get to the store tomorrow.  I got loads of veggies but need some something to add them to.........  well at least for the hubby to eat it. 

Hope you had a great day!

Last night I was in TOTAL freak out mode about the 5K I'm directing.  
I think it was abou midnight when I bolted out of bed and started jotting things down. 

There are just so many details to straighten out.....   
how many volunteers  I need, where they all need to be, how best to instruct them all, what items I need to purchase, getting all the donated items there.... food, prizes, etc., making sure my race vendors will have everything they need to make it a succesful event...... and so on. 
You get the picture. 

People have been hugely supportive though, so I am very thankful for that!

Have you ever organized a large event?  How did you keep yourself focused and not get overwhelmed by all the details? 
 I guess in some ways its almost like a wedding.... except I get to do it again and learn from this year!

Have a great night!

Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment