Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Taper Twitch...

Yep I think I got it. {twitch... twitch...}
I am so used to working out on Wednesdays, but today was a rest day. Rest... during the week?
Also, I think I'm getting to that point where I'm ready to just get the marathon done. The anticipation is getting to me. It always does. People are wishing me well. I get antsy.

Although today's weather wasn't very inspirational for running anyways..... low 50's and rainy.

But some yummy oats made it all better this morning.

BREAKFAST
-oats made with milk, almond butter, ground flax, Kashi Vanilla Island cereal & few walnuts


Unfortunately my oats couldn't hold me till lunch. I had some ww toast w/PB.

Lunch time I went to an actual Rotary meeting. Yesterday I went to an info session. It as interesting. Everyone was very welcoming.

Although when I meet new people like that, I get a bit nervous and don't eat much.
I just had some salad, small piece of haddock and some succotash.
When I got back to work I was still a bit hungry, so I had some green tea and a cookie. :-)

After work I headed home to walk Reggie. Then I waited for the hubby to get home, as we had a small art opening to go to downtown.

While I waited I admired my lovely hydrangeas I cut from my garden.
Aren't they pretty?


The art opening was great! It was a great collection of photo essays depicting local trades that are disappearing.... dairy farming, fishing, etc.

We yapped way too long with friends though. Got home around 8:30 and had to figure out dinner. When we did our Trader Joe's run over the weekend the hubby had grabbed some steak burritos, so he suggested we do those. We could have microwaved them, but I just figured that would result in mushy burritos. So in the oven they went and it took a bit longer. But by a little after 9 we finally had dinner.

I doctored mine up with some salsa & plain greek yogurt, oh and a little cheese.
Not too shabby.
I'm hoping the weather improves tomorrow.
Looking forward to getting out for a 5 mile run, see how the legs feel. Today they were a bit sore from Monday's kettlebell class. Good thing I decided to just do one kettlebell class this week, figure doing more than that would do more harm than good.

I'm putting me and my taper twitchy legs to bed early tonight.

Do you get anxious before big events/races? How do you calm yourself down?

Have a great night!!

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment