Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My shy food

Ok, so day one of this blogging adventure involved some shy food.... hopefully today goes better.

Yesterday was a crazy busy day, up at 5:15 to walk the dog and feed him before running off to the Kettlebell gym for a 6am workout. Thankfully Kettlebell was a high cardio class and involved more running than your typical class, so I didn't feel the need to squeeze a run in later in the day. This was the workout....

21 Push Press
400 Meter Run
18 Push Press
400 meter Run
15 Push Press
400 Meter Run
12 Push Press
400 Meter Run
9 Push Press
400 Meter Run
6 Push Press
400 Meter Run
3 Push Press
400 Meter Run

Took about 16 minutes, but first started with about a 15 minute warm up. I believe I used the 8KG weights so 17.6 on each arm, last few with 20lb bells. Then after hitting the foam roller for a few minutes it was a mad dash home to water the plants on the deck & in the garden, eat, take a shower and get ready for work.

Breakfast consisted of

* 1/2 cup Kashi Heart to Heart- Honey Toasted Oats

* 5 oz Stoneyfield Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt

* 4 sliced strawberries

* 1/4 a mango

* teaspoon of ground flax seed

* teaspoon of almond butter

This tided me over till about 10 am or so when I ventured down to the cafe at work to toast up a slice of whole wheat bread and add about a teaspoon of PB to it.

At lunch time I was a bit of a crazy lady. I swear sometimes I wonder about my memory. I had several tasks to complete in a short period of time, one of those was to get my dad's birthday card signed by Kirt (my husband) and out in the mail. Guess what I forgot when I left at lunch time?

I first went home and quickly made some lunch.

*Flat Out Italian Herb Wrap

*Garden Burger

*Slice of sharp cheddar


*Sliced orange peppers

Then I grabbed some celery sticks to go.

From there I drove up on to Target to buy the badminton net I said I was going to get at lunch time (and almost forgot) and grabbed another card for my dad. Then I swung by Kirt's office, got his John Hancock and zoomed on back to work.

Trudged my way through the rest of the work day. Taking a break to snack on a Cool Mint Chocolate Clif Bar.

After work I had to head straight to the farmers market to pick up our crop share (crop shares rock by the way!!!!). This food was not camera shy..... look at this beautiful spread!

One more stop by my mom's to borrow some of her Fuel Belt bottles....as I cannot seem to find all of mine..... I finally headed home. But not for long. I quickly ate a few crackers and hummus and then was off to the School Board Meeting. Yes I am an elected official. :)

It was going to be a LOOONNNNG night so I stopped by the local coffee shop first for a nice tall iced coffee with a little skim milk and some Splenda. (yes I know I shouldn't do Splenda, really need to check out some of the other sweeteners)

After almost 4 hours of meeting........ yawn..... I finally headed home for some dinner. I was tired and not very enthused to cook, so I checked the freezer and came out with....... a Lean Cuisine. Yes not great... but hey better than fast food right? It was some Sesame Chicken Linguine thing. I enjoyed my lovely dinner while watching the Bachelorette on Tivo..... poor Reid.

Then..... nope, not time for bed.... time to PACK!! I'm leaving for vacation right after work today so I had to finish packing. But that also involved doing some laundry. So needless to say I did not get to bed till after midnight, ugh!

So hopefully today I'll get some more pictures of my lovely food and possibly from the road as well. Happy Tuesday!!!


1 comment:

  1. Whoa, a teaspoon of almond butter? Mighty impressive :) Welcome to blogging! Now get to taking some pictures of your eats :)

    -Elizabeth and Artie